Rufford Abbey Country ParkParks & Walks
- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
Rufford Abbey Country Park
Covid-19 Update: Rufford Abbey grounds are currently open, but many of ther staff are still on furlough, so they ask for your patience and understanding during this time. They are currently only taking card payments on site. There is a one way system with signage operating within the grounds. Please adhere to the guidelines.
You can easily spend a whole day at Rufford Abbey; entry to the grounds and abbey ruins are FREE. There is a fee for parking (see key information at bottom of this post).
There is so much to see and do including a programme of seasonal workshops, special events and themed trails. The Abbey’s origins are as a 12th century Cistercian monastery, the ruins of which you can still explore.
Please note: The toilets near the Abbey are open from 10am to 4pm.
The Coach House Cafe is offering a reduced but generous takeaway menu of hot drinks and food.
In the park there is:
- A large adventure playground, with sand area, double zip wire, multiple climbing frames, musical instrument area with chime cascade, mock abbey ruins on top of a play hill with rabbit warren style tunnels and nets, slides, bridges, roundabout and much more. (FREE to use)
- Adventure Golf (open daily)
- Archery (open weekends and Nottinghamshire school holidays)- CURRENTLY CLOSED
- Boating lake (open weekends and Nottinghamshire school holidays, April end of September). CURRENTLY CLOSED
- Themed walks and trails
- The Abbey ruins to explore
- Ice cream parlour
- Candy cave
- Pizza parlour (weekends and school holidays)
- Open every day except Christmas Day (Christmas Eve opening Hours 9am - 2pm)
- Free admission to park and abbey ruins
- Summer Parking Charges - £4.00 per car (online tickets can be purchased here.)
- Car parks open
- Changing facilities for both babies and adults situated in our Abbey Courtyard toilets.
- Picnic benches/accessible picnic benches throughout play area.
- Dogs welcome on a lead
- Lots of dining options from ice cream kiosks to the Victorian kitchen restaurant
- No cycling
- No BBQ's
Rufford Abbey Country Park, Ollerton, Nottinghamshire. NG22 9DF.
|Monday||08:30 - 17:30|
|Tuesday||08:30 - 17:30|
|Wednesday||08:30 - 17:30|
|Thursday||08:30 - 17:30|
|Friday||08:30 - 17:30|
|Saturday||08:30 - 17:30|
|Sunday||08:30 - 17:30|