- Under 5s
- School age
Precious Moments are award winning baby and baby massage, baby yoga and kids yoga classes led by mum of two Liz, who is also a qualified children's nurse and health visitor with many years of experience working with children and families and who offers a wealth of support and knowledge. Recently nominated for two awards, Liz is committed to ensuring classes are fun, relaxed, supportive and beneficial.
Precious Moments Baby Massage and Baby Yoga Classes | Aikido & Pilates Studio
- Kids Yoga for Home Ed & Pre-school | Thursdays, 10am - 11am (ages 2.5 upwards)
- Baby Yoga | Thursdays, 11:30am - 12:30pm (suitable from 16 weeks)
- Baby Massage | Thursdays, 1pm - 2pm (suitable from birth)
- Baby yoga and baby massage: £60 for a 5 week course.
- Kids yoga: £6.50 per session (half term block booking preferred).
or contact Liz here.
Baby Massage involves the parent learning a series of strokes and massage techniques in order to enhance their baby’s physiological and psychological development and to deepen the parent-infant bond through nurturing touch. Nurturing touch supports the parent-infant relationship and promotes sensitive, attuned parenting.
Benefits of Baby Massage
- Improves relaxation, encouraging longer sleep duration for infants
- Helps to relieve the effects of colic, teething, constipation and wind
- Stimulates all a baby's major systems; co-ordination, respiration, digestion, learning ability and language development
- Helps strenghten the bond between parents and child
- Relaxes both parent and child
The baby yoga classes are based on Hatha yoga. You are taught to help your baby into carefully developed movements that are beneficial to both growth and development. Specially designed sequences support your baby in their diagonal coordination and body awareness, which is required for crawling and walking. Baby yoga also builds trust between you and your baby as some of the sequences are specifically designed to stimulate the moro reflex creating self-reliance.
Benefits of Baby Yoga
- Strengthens baby's body and develops their reflexes
- Stimulates the brain and nervous system
- Helps to relieve the symptoms of colic, constipations and wind
- Maintains flexibility in the spine and joints
Where to find us...
Aikido & Pilates Studio, Hillcroft Business Park, LN6 3QL