Little Darters' Wildlife Adventure Area, WhisbyParks & Walks
- All the family
- Under 5s
- School age
Little Darters Outdoor Play Area, Whisby Nature Park
Open: Dawn til Dusk, daily
At Whisby Nature Park, you will find the Little Darters' Wildlife Adventure Area. It is the play area located alongside the car park, next to The Natural World Centre. These areas are FREE for you to enjoy.
The play area includes:
- A sand pit area with a mock quarry wood climbing frame, complete with buckets on pulleys to lift the sand up and down.
- Underground earth tunnel with a mole's eye viewpod
- Carved wooden animal structures to sit and climb on
- A water course play area with pump.
- Mini assault course for older children, complete with climbing net and balance rope.
- Nature exploration climbing towers, built over the water (this area is suitable for ages 6+).
- Outdoor gym equipment area.
- Seating and picnic benches.
Little Darters Kiosk
Serving snacks, drinks and ice creams during weekends and school holidays (weather dependent – please check).
Otter’s Café, (inside the Natural World Centre)
A selection of cakes, children’s snacks and treats are available in our café!
Boardwalk Bistro (inside the Natural World Centre)
October to March – 9.30am to 4pm (hot food closes at 3pm and snacks at 3.30pm).
April to September – 9.30am to 4.30pm (hot food closes 3.30pm and get your cake and snacks until 4.30pm).
Car parking is £2 per day for non-badge holders from April to October and £1 from November to March.
Free car parking for blue badge holders.
Toilets are located in the Natural World Centre next to the play area. There are baby changing facilities in all toilets.
|Monday||09:30 - 17:00|
|Tuesday||09:30 - 17:00|
|Wednesday||09:30 - 17:00|
|Thursday||09:30 - 17:00|
|Friday||09:30 - 17:00|
|Saturday||09:30 - 17:00|
|Sunday||09:30 - 17:00|